RH124: RedHat System Administration - I
This course relates to Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 7. Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) is designed for IT professionals without previous Linux administration experience. The course focuses on providing students with Linux administration "survival skills" by focusing on core administration tasks.
Ways To Train/Test
We offer a method of training that is convenient to you - classroom or at your site.
Audience for this course
IT professionals across a broad range of disciplines who need to perform essential Linux administration tasks including installation, establishing network connectivity, managing physical storage, and basic security administration.
Prerequisites for this course
There are no formal prerequisites for this course; however, previous operating system administration experience will be very beneficial.
ed Hat System Administration I provides a foundation for students wishing to become full-time Linux system administrators by introducing key command line concepts and other enterprise-level tools. These concepts are further developed in the follow-on course, Red Hat System Administration II (RH134).
Course Content Summary:
- Introduction to the command line
- Managing physical storage
- Learning how to install and configure software components and services
- Establishing network connections and firewall access
- Monitoring and managing processes
- Managing and securing files
- Administrating users and groups
- Accessing Linux file systems
- Installing and using virtualized systems
- Reviewing the system log files and journal
After The Course:
RH134: RedHat System Administration - II
RH135: RedHat System Administration - II with Exam.